Iranti is a Johannesburg based regional non-profit organization (NPO) founded in June 2012 focusing on lesbian, transgender and intersex rights. Iranti participates in national, regional and global advocacy platforms to develop a deeper understanding of human rights violations, and seeks ways to change policies, laws and individual mindsets and behaviours to end homophobia, transphobia and intersexphobia from an intersectional lens. Iranti does this using multi-media platforms, advocacy, research and documentation.
Download the Job Description
We are looking for an energetic, highly organised, skilled and experienced person who can provide leadership and direction, expanding Iranti’s mission, presence and impact into the next decade.
- Programme development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Management and supporting staff
- Development and management of budgets
- Manage and lead Iranti’s advocacy strategy
- Resource mobilisation and partnership management
- A minimum of 2-5 years of project management experience
- Tertiary level education
- Experience of working on issues of diversity and inclusion
- An understanding and appreciation of the intersectionality of oppression and struggles
- Organised, responsible and an effective communicator in English
- Ability to think creatively and out-of-the box
- Ability to lead and manage a team with minimum supervision
- Willingness to travel regionally and internationally
- Experience of working in the LBTIQ sector/human rights sector
- Experience of working regionally and internationally within the NGO sector
Interested candidates must have a valid South African residency and/or Work Permit and should submit the following:
- A CV (max 3 pages)
- A Motivational Letter (max 1 page) outlining suitability and reasons for applying
Do not send copies of Certificates. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Applications to be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Closing date: 4 April 2021
This is a re-advertisement. Previous candidates are requested not to apply.
Iranti is an equal opportunity employer. We especially encourage and invite members of the LBTIQ community to apply.