Margins to Mainstream Human Rights Violation Documentation Project Service Provider (App Developer)
Project: Margins to Mainstream
Duration: 2 months
Start Date: July 2021 End Date: 31 July 2021
Reporting to: Margins to Mainstream Programme Officer
Iranti is a Johannesburg based, human rights organisation that advocates for the advancement of the rights of LTI persons in Africa. We work within a human rights framework raising issues of gender, sex, and sexuality. Our main activities include immediate community support, hate crime documentation, community dialogues, inclusive media production, and creative dissemination to challenge violence and discrimination based on gender identity and bodily diversity.
For the Margins to Mainstream project, Iranti has formed partnerships with community-based organisations in Gauteng, North West, Limpopo, KZN and Eastern Cape. To build evidence for advocacy, Iranti developed an app to gather human rights violations of our constituencies, and partner organisations have since been introduced to the app.
Scope of Work
- Iranti seeks to appoint a consultant who will assess the current app it has developed, identify gaps, submit an analytical report including, recommendations to improve the app with the following features-
- User interface
- Offline mode
- After consultation with the relevant persons implement those recommendations which are approved
- Develop the app for the iOS platform
- Assessment report with recommendations
- Implementation of approved recommendations
- Development of app for iOS platform
Desired competencies, technical background and experience
- App developer
- Knowledge of both android and IOS platforms
- Knowledge of integration with backend database systems such as Salesforce
Applicant must submit a CV or profile and must be able to produce examples of previous work of a similar nature. All required documents to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 02 July 2021.
As per Iranti policy, payment is made against approved deliverables. No advance payment is allowed until completion of collectively agreed deliverables. A Work Agreement letter will be signed in addition to the Terms of Reference in compliance with Iranti policy, and the final payment will be made upon completion of the task to Iranti’s satisfaction.