Iranti is looking for a Writer & Social Media Officer starting as early as February 2022.
The officer will be working from Iranti’s office in Brixton, Johannesburg.
Iranti is a non-profit advocacy organization that defends the rights of Lesbians, Transgender and Intersex persons in Africa. We work collaboratively with LGBTIQ and mainstream organizations in the region and collectively advocate for equality and justice.
The Writer and Social Media Officer will be working in the Media Unit of Iranti and will report to the Communications and Media Manager. The person will be responsible for all external media that relate to Iranti’s programmes and organizational strategic outcomes.This work will include several different activities, such as:
- Create a social media plan to support Iranti campaigns and visibility.
- Create, update, and monitor social media platforms.
- Create and contribute to print material that Iranti produces.
- Write the Iranti digital newsletter.
- Update branding identity and ensure compliance with Iranti’s identity.
- Write articles, press releases and communiqués for Iranti and ensure they are placed in social and mainstream media.
- Develop a media partnership framework and build media partnerships.
- Create new and cutting-edge multi-media ideas for Iranti.
- Maintain a pan-African and feminist focus in all material produced.
- Draft and submit regular analytics on communications and media.
- Any other tasks as delegated by the line supervisor.
Who are we looking for?
For this post, we are looking for a skilled writer and social media specialist with at least two years’ experience in the field of communications and/or campaigning.
As our ideal officer, you would have the following profile:
- You have a tertiary qualification in communications and media. Preferably in journalism, communications, public relations or a related field.
- You are highly committed to the aims of Iranti and its publicity, promotion and marketing.
- You have proven experience in communication, media work or campaigning.
- In-depth knowledge of digital communications such as websites, email, social media, digital publications; its value, its potential and its limits
- Understanding of how to build and expand networks and audiences using digital communications
- Proficiency using platforms such as Microsoft Office Programs, Canva, Mailchimp, etc.
- Working knowledge of computers, databases and other technology, including trouble-shooting.
- You have experience working in LBQ, Trans or Intersex organisations or groups or LGBTI and/or human rights related fields.
Additionally, you should have:
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Experience in multimedia reporting using audio, video, photography and/or video editing.
- Experience as a writer with a proven published track record.
- Highlight skilled in have a command on using social
- Experience in communicating on human rights matters
- Write, copy edit, and manage content for online and offline platforms
- A dynamic work environment, with room for career growth
- A motivated team that will allow you to implement your own ideas.
- The possibility to work for one of Africa’s leading trans, lesbian and intersex human rights NGOs.
- A fulltime position with medical and provident fund benefits.
Please send a covering letter explaining why you believe you are the best fit for this position, as well as a short CV with 3 references to email@example.com. If you have not been contacted within 2 months of the closing date please do consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
In case you have questions please send your inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Close of business 10 January 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.