Iranti is looking for a Media Officer to join our dynamic Media and Communications Unit!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a skilled, well-rounded media professional with at least two years’ experience in the creative use of different media technologies and platforms to tell a story and engage audiences and various stakeholders. Our candidate is also able to effectively communicate the organisation’s work, mission, and vision to stakeholders. As our ideal candidate, you would have the following profile:
- You are highly committed to the aims of Iranti and its publicity, promotion, and marketing.
- You have proven experience in communication, journalism, media work and campaigning.
- In-depth knowledge of digital communications such as websites, email, social media, digital publications; its value, its potential and its limits
- Understanding of how to build and expand networks and audiences using digital communications
- Proficiency using platforms such as Microsoft Office Programs, Canva, Mailchimp, etc.
- Working knowledge of computers, databases and other technology, including trouble-shooting.
- You have experience working in LBQ or Trans or Intersex organisations or groups or LGBTI and/or human rights related fields.
Additionally, you should have:
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Experience in multimedia reporting using audio, video, photography and/or video editing.
- Experience as a writer with a proven published track record.
- Experience in communicating on human rights matters
- Write, copy edit, and manage content for online and offline platforms
If this is you do not hesitate to apply!
The Media Officer will be working in the Media Unit of Iranti and will report to the Communications and Media Manager. The candidate will be responsible for all external media that relate to Iranti’s programmes and organizational strategic outcomes.
This work will include several different activities, such as:
- Plan, structure, write and produce content that combines text, (and/or) sound, (and/or) video, (and/or) images and various graphics to tell stories and deliver campaigns in a unique and engaging way.
- Write accurate, complete, and compelling articles, press releases, newsletters, and communiqués for Iranti, and ensure they are placed in social and mainstream media.
- Develop a media partnership framework and assist in building media partnerships.
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Oversee, plan, and deliver content across different digital platforms (using scheduling tools such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Asana and Olapic advantageous)
- Create engaging and cutting-edge multimedia content (and/or outsource this effectively) for Iranti, that can work across multiple platforms.
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Maintain a pan-African and feminist focus in all content/material produced.
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights and provide monthly reports to the Communications Manager.
- Work collaboratively with Programmes team to create/produce media advocacy content for Iranti’s platforms
- Assist and participate in the conceptualization, development, and coordination of Iranti’s annual strategic marketing, media, and communication plans in support of our key goals and advocacy objectives.
- Responsible for the production and delivery of all media and digital collateral, i.e. research for media content, writing and multimedia production (including community interviews, photographic and video recordings, newsletters, brochures)for Iranti’s social media and digital platforms and channels in order to engage target audiences and lead to measurable action.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to evaluate and test the effectiveness of marketing, media, and communication activities.
- Provide input into the regional media and documentation network and track and measure the level of engagement within the network (service providers, journalists, and stakeholders).
- Provide input into the reports to Board, Funders and partners on the impact, and engagement of Iranti through media, marketing, and communication.
- Any other tasks as delegated by the line supervisor.
- Kindly send a covering letter of application together with your CV and 3 references to email@example.com by close of business on 6 June 2022.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Lesbian, Trans and Intersex persons are encouraged to apply.